Friday, February 22, 2008

Our First Blog!


Well, we've decided to discontinue the website http://www.nathanandrachel.com/ and create a blog.

The website was becoming more work than it was worth and I always had to erase stuff to fit more stuff on it! So, here's the latest and greatest~ our blog has arrived!

Here's what is going on with us right now. Noah turned 1 in January and is a mess. He is walking all over the place and talking up a storm. We don't usually know what he's saying, but he's talking! And usually he has a phone up to his ear while he's talking. It's really funny and embarrassing at the same time. I guess he sees it alot!

Nathan has always been super busy with multiple jobs and that has all slowed down in the last couple of months. He is now only working 2 part-time jobs instead of 1 full-time and 2 part-time. He is officially not teaching guitar lessons anymore, but working part-time at the Music Store in Clarksville and still leading worship at 24 Church. After 3 years of having church in a school, we are just over 1 week away from being in our permanent facility. PRAISE GOD!!! This will free Nathan up so much! Nathan has spent every Saturday night for 3 years at church getting ready and setting up, and this is soon going to be over! He can have a weekend social calender now.

I (Rachel) have had a career change in the last few months also. After 4 wonderful years working at the Tennessee Baptist Convention, I QUIT! I left to sell Real Estate. I made the right decision. I knew that I wasn't getting enough time with Nathan and Noah and was spending too much time on the Interstate. Now, Noah can hang out with me while I work. It's great. I love it. I work at Beck and Beck Real Estate with my dad. I said I would never do it, but God had other plans.

Well, this is our quick little update. We're still going to keep our web album so you can see updates via pictures. You can find them at http://picasaweb.google.com/rachelloxley

Good Night!

1 comment:

Tricia Hicks said...

Hey!!!! I am the first to comment on your blog!! I have to admit I am coming somewhat of a blog addict. I don't want one of my own, I just like to read the blogs of other folks. Glad to hear you are doing well and that you were able to change jobs. I may see you sometime at 24 church. I want to come see the new bldg. Take care and love ya!

Tricia Hicks