Thursday, March 6, 2008

YEC and the Warehouse!

Well, it was a crazy busy weekend. But, it was so wonderful! Friday and Saturday were the Youth Evangelism Conference. This conference used to be my job, but this year I wanted to go as a volunteer. They are always needed, so I rallied the troops. Nathan, Logan, Melody, and I worked the conference on Friday night and then it was just the ladies on Saturday. Nathan's band, Making Malorie led worship Saturday at 2 smaller YEC sessions at Woodmont Baptist. They did an awesome job and I think had some fun while they were there. Nick Vujicic was the speaker at the Main Sessions and he was amazing. He has no limbs, http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/, and he is such an inspiration. Through his words, God touched the hearts of thousands of teenagers. The aisles were packed with people going to the altar to commit a change in their life. He spoke a message of hope and transformation only with the power of God. Hands down the best YEC speaker!

Then, as if we hadn't had a full enough weekend...Sunday was our first service in our new building at church! The Warehouse is what we affectionately call it, since that's what it was when we bought it. We had 354 people there on Sunday! That is a lot more than normal, and it was the best experience. There was just excitement in the air the whole day. I couldn't help from crying and I think Nathan's voice probably cracked a little at one point! I (of course) tried to take some pictures, but the lighting guys weren't exactly working with me on this one. I'll attach what I have.
I think I'm still on a joy high from this weekend. God moved and I couldn't ignore everything that He is showing me and doing in my life. I am so blessed!
I also am going to attach a video of Noah from last week. It's sometimes hard to show his personality in pictures, but you can't hide it in a video!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

His laughter is so adorable!

Aub said...

I just LOVE the video! Seriously cutest boy ever!! I love you! I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

his laughter is adorable!!