Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kate Ann Loxley

She's here! And already a week old. The past week has been a blur, but it has been amazing. You all know I was supposed to be induced on Tuesday, well... Kate was not satisfied to be born on Fat Tuesday. What a legacy for a lady! So, she decided to grace us with her presence a little early. On Monday morning my water broke (I was pretty sure!) and a few hours later I was even more sure and called the doctor's office to confirm my suspicions. Nathan called his mom to get the ball rolling for Noah's handoff. We weren't in any hurry after our LONG day with Noah's delivery. Well, Nana had 2 flat tires on her way to our house, but she made it and ruined the tires! We waited for the tow truck and decided she would take my car and Nathan and I would go in his truck. A couple of hours later we left, made a few stops on the way to take care of some business, and then headed to the hospital. We got there around 12:30, got checked in, were in triage for an hour or so, and then got settled into a delivery room. I was about a 4 at this point. We hadn't even told many people we had gone to the hospital, because we knew it would be a long night. So no one was in a hurry to get there. Noah's sitter for the day was sick, so Nana was making plans for him so she could be there for the delivery. I told my mom to wait and come after school. Maybe an hour and a half later I got my epidural with no protest from me! It made my legs feel numbish, but not my abdomen! I was feeling my contractions. They kept getting worse and after a second dosage fix on the epidural, it wasn't working. I was crying from the pain and the doctor came in with a syringe and pumped a c section dosage into my back! praise God! Then the nurse discovered Kate's head was visible and I was ready to push. No wonder I was in so much pain. They apologized and warned me I might not have enough time to let the epidural kick in. They kept me lying down and paged my doctor twice. Everyone went into action since Kate was coming at a rapid rate that nobody was ready for. And no one but my parents had made it to the hospital yet! About 10 minutes later I started pushing and pushed for 3 minutes. At that point all of the days problems and obstacles vanished! She was 7 lbs 3.5 oz and 19.5 inches. 2 lbs and 2 inches smaller than Noah. Whew! She is such a blessing and I can't believe it's been a week. She's sitting here with me as I type and she's just a little snuggle bug. It's hard to remember these days with Noah, but I definitely don't want to take them for granted. Please continue to pray for our family. It is such an adjustment, but I think we're all rising to the challenge, even big brother! This morning he even let her play with his beloved Mack (from the CARS movie)! Today is Nathan's first day back at work, so pray for him especially. He has been super dad and I know has LOVED every minute of being at home with his family. Check out our web album for many, many pictures of our first few days!


Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aub said...

You are so fabulous. I am praying for you- for all of you. I love you so much, and I am so glad I got to meet that baby of yours :-) Love you!